Tuesday, August 2, 2011

In which I unintentionally end up with a baby quilt

I was planning to make another rag quilt purse, and was purchasing charm packs from Green Fairy Quilts. In my haste, I failed to look closely at the charm packs I was buying so instead of getting random floral muslin, I ended up with baby-themed fabric.


Luckily...I have a baby on the way! My subconscious must have been working overtime or something, because I really don't know how else I could have mistaken STORKS and BABY FOOTPRINTS and other obviously "baby" things as random floral print. I quickly pieced together the charm squares, found the cute, bright border fabric on clearance at my local fabric store, and quilted it with a grid pattern, since I have yet to own a darning foot.




Here it is before I trimmed the batting and quilted it. Now all I have to do is bind it, which admittedly makes me nervous since I've only bound a single small 12"x12" quilt block before. I know binding's not THAT hard...I just need to stop being lazy and do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment